Saturday, September 21, 2013

It's been ahwile...

If you are reading this, hello out there!

So I know I have not been the best at maintaining this blog, but I'm making it a goal to do a better job. 

What does this mean? You can look forward to seeing tiny work-in-progress (WIP) posts that aren't as long and rambley as my typical posts, but that will detail a project as I work on it. 

Let's talk about what I've for on the needles right now! 

Owl sweater, pattern by Kate Davies

This is a pattern that I have coveted since I first joined ravelry, but I was held back by the price. I have finally caved and spent the money. I ordered some yarn from knitpicks, the stroll tweed yarn which is DK weight: 
This yarn is so nice, and I love that the color way is called "kitten." The reason I went for yarn this color is because when I think of owls, I think of Hedwig. While I didn't want the yarn to be too white for fear of spilling something on my finished sweater, I wanted something light that was speckled with bits of black to resemble her feathers. 

The yarn was a lighter weight than the pattern called for, so I am knitting with two strands at once to get the proper gage... Which means that I will have to order more yarn but oh well, you live and learn with such things. 

So far I'm only up to the body of the sweater, so no sleeves or pretty owls, but it's something! Here's today's progress picture:


More to come and my sweater grows. Thanks for reading and come back soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment